Between 2008 and 2009, the total gambling revenue in Australia was more than $19 billion. By this time, the gambling industry structure had changed from a 40% spend between 1986 & 1987 to a 75% spend between 2006 and 2007. This is just one of the indications of the gambling industry’s contribution to the economy. Read on for more Aussie online pokies facts.
More Pokies for Your Monies
Aussie pokies played at one of the best Australian online casinos can be fiscally rewarding. But how much do Australian players know about them? Sun Vegas Casino covers some trivia and important facts about online pokies.
Australian Pokies Trivia
- Australian online gambling is governed by IGA, the Interactive Gambling Act (2001)
- Pokies were legalised in 1956 when they were launched in NSW pubs and this is when they came to a rise in the country
- Australia had 20% of the world’s gaming machines
- Cash Splash, developed by Microgaming was the first online progressive pokie
- Pokies in other parts of the world are known as slots, slot machines or fruit machines
- About 20 000 people were employed in casinos in 2009
- The number of problem players is an estimated 300 000
- There is an average of 1 200 working parts in land-based pokies
Number-Crunching Online Pokies
Playing pokies long enough will have a player losing all their money as their payout percentage is lower than 100%. It is no surprise that the chances of winning the jackpot when playing one line is one in 50 000 000 and half when playing 20 lines. $9.1 billion was lost on pokies between 2003 and 2004. The average loss per year is $380 and $12 000 for problem players. The jackpot winning odds on a Black Rhino pokie are one in 9 765 625.
Online Pokies Facts – In Conclusion
No doubt, pokies are among the Australian casino games favourites, this has been the case even before online casinos. There are so many interesting online pokies facts and each year there is something to write home about.