Tennis Betting has become a favourite pastime for many Australians over the past few years. Tennis Betting occurs when gamblers bet on the outcome of a Tennis event such as a Tennis match or tournament. Gamblers are allowed to bet on who they think will win the game or tournament and in some instances, predict the score of this sporting event. Tennis is a particularly popular sport in Australia hence it comes as no surprise that many Australian gamblers take part in Tennis Betting. These bets are usually facilitated by Sportsbooks and in some instances, online casinos. Read on to find out more about Tennis Betting in Australia.
History of Tennis Betting
Tennis is a racquet sport which originated in Europe, in the city of Birmingham around the late 19th century and it was known as ‘lawn tennis’. Since then the sport has grown and is now played by millions of recreational players worldwide. There are four Grand Slam tournaments which are the most popular, which are the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon as well as the US Open.
Due to the popular nature of the sport of tennis and the millions of fans it generates, tennis has become an attractive sport for online gamblers to wager on as it has been made available on a number of online casinos including Sun Vegas Casinos.
Australian Tennis Betting Rules
If you are interested in Tennis Betting in Australia, you have to familiarise yourself with Tennis Betting Terminology and the rules. Bellow are some of the rules that apply to Tennis Betting:
In this rule, there is only one serve required per match. That means that if a player retires (due to an injury for example) at any time after the first serve, the bet stands with the bookies that have this rule on tennis.
1 Set Completed
In this rule at least one set needs to be completed in the match in order for the bet to stand. This means if a player retires after one set has been completed, the bet stands. However, if a player retires before one set has been completed, the bet is void (cancelled) and you will get your stake back.
2 Sets Completed
In this rule, for the bet to stand at least two sets need to be completed in the match. This means that if a player retires after two sets have been completed, the bet stands. However, if a player retires before two sets have been completed, the bet is void (cancelled) and you will get your stake back.
The entire match has to be completed in order for the bet to stand. A player can’t retire without the bet being void.
Types of Tennis Bets for Australian Players
Casinos at Sun Vegas Casino make a number of bets available for Australians players as well as players from other parts of the world.
- The Match Winner bet is the most common tennis bet you can place. This bet is wagered on who will win the match.
- In the Handicap bet, a better bets on the player’s specific handicap, for example Andy Murray +3.5 4/5 – Rafael Nadal -3.5 Evens.
- Set Betting is when a player bets on the exact outcome of the match in terms of the sets played.
- Total Games; this type of bet gives a player the opportunity to cash in on a match regardless of who wins for example when a player bets on the total set played.
- Tournaments; this is betting on a player who will win the tournament. This is also often referred to as Outright Winner betting and it’s offered in all tournaments.
Top Australian Casinos That Offer Tennis Betting
Tennis Betting can often be a daunting experience especially for new gamers who are still familiarizing themselves with the technicalities of betting on tennis; however with the correct tips provided by Sun Vegas Casino, tennis betting can become a fun and exciting.
- Popular Players: Betting lines would always favour the well-known or popular players than their opponents. This means that the popular and well established players will always attract more bets with the odds being more in their favour. Placing bets on the more accomplished players improves your chances at winning bets.
- Listening to Analysis can be a helpful method for new players to get more in depth knowledge of the sport holistically. Sports commentators announcing the game are experienced and have covered the sport for many years. Their insight and observations ahead of matches or during the matches can provide valuable information for players on how to place their bets.