Online Blackjack is also known as “twenty-one” in some Las Vegas casinos, is a card game in which casino players aim to have a card hand that is as close to 21 as possible. Australian Online Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games in the Australian casino industry in 2018; its popularity can be attributed to the fact that this casino game is one of the easiest and arguably, the most enjoyable games. Top Australian Online Blackjack is played between a player and a banker in which the player’s hand needs to be higher than the bank’s hand but not exceed 21. If you are planning on playing Online Blackjack, you need to familiarise yourself with how internet Blackjack is played.
Best Baccarat Casinos Online
Online Blackjack History
The origins of Blackjack can not be traced to one particular origin. There have been a number of theories that try to explain the history of Blackjack. The most accepted theory about where Blackjack originated, is the belief that Blackjack was derived from the combination of two card games. It is believed that the combination of the French games; Chermin de Fer and French Ferme lead to the development of what we know as Blackjack today. It is believed that in the 1700’s Blackjack was known as Vignt er Un which translates to 21 in the French language. It is also believed that Blackjack originated from the Spaniards who played a card game known as thirty-one. In this card game, the aim was for the player to reach a hand with the value of thrifty one with three or more cards. Another theory that seeks to explain the origin of this popular games is that Blackjack originated in Rome. As you have read, there are many theories which seek to explain the origin on Blackjack.
Australian Online Blackjack rules 2018
- A Split can only be done up to 3 hands
- 6 decks are used in online Blackjack
- A solid Blackjack pays 3 to 1 of what is bet
- Every casino has their own rules regarding on what the dealer has to hit. It usually is on a soft 17
- A normal win pays 1 to 1
How to Play Online Blackjack
Online casinos usually offer different variations of Online Blackjack, meaning that in some cases the rules of the game slightly differ. It is, therefore, imperative that casino players familiarise themselves with the basic rules of Blackjack. Below are a few things needed in order to start playing Blackjack:
- A player: In order to play Online Blackjack you will need to register at an online casino Australia, deposit money into your casino account and you are then can start playing Online Blackjack.
- A dealer: As mentioned, Blackjack is a game between a player and a banker. When playing Online Blackjack, the online casino is the banker.
- Cards: Blackjack is played with a standard card deck of 52 cards, some online casinos do, however, offer Blackjack variations that use 2 or more card decks.
- Blackjack Table: Blackjack tables in land-based casinos are designed to accommodate a maximum of 7 players and one dealer. Online Blackjack tables are similar to this table.
Online Blackjack Terminology
When playing Online Blackjack, you might come across some terminology which you do not understand. In order to master the game of Blackjack, you will have to learn the lingo used when playing this casino game. Below are terms that you need to know in order to become an Online Blackjack pro:
- Hit: This is the term used when a player asks for another card to be dealt to him/her after they have received the first two cards.
- Split: This is when a player receives the first two cards which are of the same value. The players then separates the two cards and asks for the dealer to hit the player with one card on each of the split cards. The same bet as the initial bet will be made on the split cards.
- Double Down: This is often done by players who feel they have a strong chance at winning the hand. This is when the players double their bet and requests that the dealer hit him.
- Blackjack: This is when a player has a hand that consists of two cards that are equal to 21.
- Stand: This is when a player requests to not be dealt any more cards.
- Face Cards: These are cards such as Jack, King and Queen
- Bankroll: This is the players budget in terms of the money they are willing to spend at the Blackjack table.
Online Blackjack Strategy and Card Rules
|Player Hand||Dealer Hand|
|A & A||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP|
|2 & 2 3 & 3||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||H||H||H||H|
|4 & 4||H||H||H||SP||SP||H||H||H||H||H|
|5 & 5 NS||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||D||H||H|
|6 & 6||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||H||H||H||H||H|
|7 & 7||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||H||H||H||H|
|8 & 8||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP|
|9 & 9||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||SP||S||S|
|10 & 10 NS||S||S||S||S||S||S||S||S||S||S|
|H = HIT, S = STAND, D = DOUBLE DOWN, SP = SPLIT, NS = NEVER SPLIT|
Top Ranked Online Blackjack Variations
Here are our top picks when you’re in the mood for some fun:
- Atlantic City Blackjack: This is a unique Blackjack variety. This Game uses 8 decks of cards opposed to the normal 6. However, this favours the dealer rather than the player.
- Bonus Blackjack: This type of Blackjack game is the most exciting as well as rewarding one out there. The hole card is used a lot and the ‘Bonus’ gets introduced constantly.
- Double Exposure Blackjack: Almost the same as the traditional Blackjack game, Double Exposure Blackjack makes the 21 game exciting and thrilling by showing both of the dealers cards.
- Multi-hand Atlantic City Blackjack: This is rated as the most luxurious version of Blackjack which is proudly brought to players by Microgaming. The game is played with 8 decks of cards but has the same rules as normal Blackjack.
Getting Started with Online Blackjack
Maybe you already know that the aim is to reach a score of 21; maybe you don’t have a clue. But don’t let that stop you from winning! Enjoy playing blackjack at any of the top online casinos recommended at Sun Vegas.
Choose from a wide range of top rated online Blackjack games in Australia, both single hand and multi-hand options in a variety of themes and versions, and take advantage of the best Blackjack bonuses, tournaments, and promotions.