Bingo is one of the easiest and most exciting casino games to play in Australia. The game is simple and straightforward and brings with it heaps of thrills and fun. Simply put, players get given a card, on this card there is a grid. The grid is filled with numbers. Either a caller will draw numbered balls from a drum, or a Random Number Generator (RNG) will pull up random numbers. When you hear or see a number that is given by the caller or RNG, you will mark it off on your card. Once each number of your card is marked off in the correct sequence, you have made BINGO. In a land-based casino, players generally shout out the name of the game. Otherwise, at an online casino, you just click on the bingo button. It really is that easy!
Top Bingo Online Casino Destinations
History of Online Bingo
The casino game of bingo can be traced back to 1530, in Italy. Similar to Bingo, the Italian lottery game was called “Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia”, surprisingly they still play this game.
From Italy, the game travelled to France, in the 1770s, only to create its own version of a French Lottery called “Le Lotto”. This game was played largely by the upper class. Later in 1929, this popular casino game hit America. Here, the game was referred to as ‘Beano’. The game started to gain momentum hereafter, at a carnival held in Georgia. Soon after, a toy salesman from New York coined the term Bingo, when he heard someone accidentally shout it out instead of Beano.
The toy salesman then went on to hire a mathematician to assist him in creating multiple combinations of different Bingo cards. Later, in 1934 research found that around 10 000 bingo games were being played weekly. More so, even the church requested to use these games to raise funds. The rest is, of course, history.
How to Play Bingo Online
If you are still a little bit shaky on exactly how the rules of Bingo work, don’t worry, we are here to help you. So, here it is:
The game is played with a card that has a five by five grid on it. Every block has a number in it, excluding the block in the middle. This empty block is known as free space. The objective of the game is to mark off each number that is called out. If you manage to mark off all of your numbers and shout out BINGO! Before your opponents, then you have officially won the game. Simple, right? Here is a little more information to keep your mind sharp when looking for your number. Each column featured on the game is labelled with the letters B, I, N, G, O. Every letter contains a specific number set. Here’s how it goes:
- B: Numbers 1-15
- I: Numbers 16-30
- N: Numbers 31-45
- G: Numbers 46-60
- O: Numbers 61-75
Nowadays, thanks to technology, we don’t have to worry about accidentally missing our number that has been called out. Reason being is that many online casinos implement the auto-daub feature. This feature will automatically mark off the numbers for you. Another great feature is the card sorting feature. What it does is, sort your cards from best to worst so that you have the top one, first on your pile.
Tips and Tricks to Real Money Online Bingo
In all honesty, bingo is purely a luck based casino game. So, improving your odds is a difficult feat. However, there are a few things that you can put into practice to ensure that you may enjoy your experience a little more and hopefully enhance your chances of winning.
- Ensure that the online casino you are playing at is safe, secure and fair. You can easily ensure this by selecting a casino from our list of recommended sites.
- Set a bankroll and stick to it.
- Don’t forget to budget your time as well, by doing this you ensure that you don’t waste your day away in front of your chosen gambling device.
- Select a game that limits the number of cards you can play in a round. By doing this, you avoid joining into a game with a high roller who can afford to play 100 cards at a time.
- Try to play at unusual times, because the more people there are that play, the less your chances of winning are.
Speak the Bingo Lingo
If you want to play bingo online or at a land-based casino, it would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with a few terms:
- Buy-In Pattern: this is the process of buying a Bingo card. When you choose to play bingo at an online casino, it is known as a buy-in when you place a bet.
- Caller: when playing at a land-based casino, the caller is the person who randomly draws the numbered balls and calls it out. At the casino online, the calling is done through the casino’s software, automatically. Before announcing, the caller must announce what the predetermined pattern that players must look out for. There are a few bingo patterns available:
- Coverall: people also refer to this as a blackout. Simply put, every block on your card must be covered to achieve bingo under this pattern. The aim is to cover each number per call. For example, if there are 25 calls, a coverall must occur within those 35 calls.
- Dauber: this is what players call the pen or stamp that they use to mark off their numbers.
- Straight-line: this is the pattern whereby a player needs to get five number straight line. The line can be horizontal, vertical or even diagonal. Players could even use the free space in the middle to finish their sequence, meaning that they only need four numbers to make the sequence.