Online Keno is a lottery style, casino game that has taken Australia by storm. In some ways, the game is quite similar to bingo as it requires players to mark off numbers that correspond on their card. Keno is available at most online casinos and is available both on mobile and desktop devices. Providing players with some really lucrative payouts, it is no wonder that this game has taken off in Australia. Read on to see what this exciting casino game is all about.
Best Keno Casinos Online
The roots of Keno go about as deep as the Chinese Dynasty. It was said that this game was used as a way to fund the war. Historically, the game made use of 120 characters. More recently, however, the characters were replaced with numbers. This game was widely popular among the Chinese locals. More so, not only was this exciting casino game used to fund the war, but also the construction of the Great Wall of China. Many of those travelling to China were fascinated by the game as it was unusual to them and one of China’s most trending games of that time. During the 19th century, Chinese railway workers immigrated to the United States, bringing the game with them. They taught the Americans how to play, and soon after the game spread like wildfire. Considering foreigners were unable to understand what exactly the characters meant, they later replaced them with numbers.
How to Play Keno
Playing Keno is really simple, and that is why so many Aussies love playing it! What makes this game so great is that you are able to play at your own pace. More so, you can test your luck as many times as you would like.
So, if you have never heard of the game before, or you are unsure as to exactly what this online casino game entails, you have come to the right place. Here is how it works:
- Each player will receive a card with numbers one to 80 on it.
- These numbers are displayed on the card within eight columns and ten
- Thereafter the player will select their choice of numbers.
- The amount of numbers that you can select will be specified on your card.
- Each number that you select is known as a Keno spot.
- From here, players can place bets of any size. To which the payout size will vary depending on the amount of numbers that match.
- The aim of the game is to try and select as many numbers as possible that will match the randomly generated numbers.
Just like the normal lottery, these games also include bonus numbers. These bonus numbers are also called ‘bullseye’ or ‘booster’. Commonly, they cost more to bet on. This is because they offer bigger payouts should it come up.
Keno Online Variants in Australia
Due to the game being quite an old one, there have been many variants of it that have emerged. However, the premise of keeping the game simple and user-friendly have remained constant. Often, in online casino game variants, the sound and graphics assist in alerting a player to see if they have achieved a match or not. Some of the variants available for you to play include:
- Bingo Keno Extreme
- Instant Keno
- Jackpot Keno
- Neptunes Keno
- Regular Keno
- Space Keno
This online lottery game is available on both mobile devices and desktop to ensure that you can experience gambling pleasure no matter your destination.
Online Keno Glossary
When playing this casino game online, it would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with the following terms:
- Aggregate Limit: this is the maximum amount of money that a casino
- Caller: this is the employee at the casino who calls out the numbers
- Closed: this is the point just before the balls are drawn. After this point, no bets can be made.
- Flashboard: the flashboard is used to display which numbers have been called.
- Goose: goose is a slang term used for the machine that mixes up and draws the Keno balls.
- Hits: these are the numbers that are selected randomly for the jackpot.
- Quick pick: the numbers that are selected by the computer on your behalf.
- Spots: as mentioned before these are the numbers that appear on your card.
- Way ticket: this is a Keno card that contains more than two bets.
- Writer: this is the employee that interacts with the Keno players. Their role is to collect completed cards, paying out clients and collecting money for wagers. At online casinos, there is no writer.