Online Keno Australia
Online keno is a lottery-style casino game that has taken Australia by storm. In some ways, the game is quite similar to bingo as it requires players to mark off numbers that correspond on their card. Keno is available at most online casinos and is available both on mobile and desktop devices.
Providing players with some really lucrative real money payouts, it is no wonder that online keno has taken off in Australia. Read on to see if you would like to play keno online.
Best Keno Casinos Online
The roots go about as deep as the Chinese Dynasty. It was said that this game was used as a way to fund the war. Historically, the game made use of 120 characters. More recently, however, the characters were replaced with numbers. This game was widely popular among the Chinese locals. More so, not only was this exciting casino game used to fund the war, but also the construction of the Great Wall of China. Many of those travelling to China were fascinated by the game as it was unusual to them and one of China’s most trending games of that time.
During the 19th century, Chinese railway workers immigrated to the United States, bringing the game with them. They taught the Americans how to play, and soon after the game spread like wildfire. Considering foreigners were unable to understand what exactly the characters meant, they later replaced them with numbers.
How to Play Keno
Playing online keno is really simple, and that is why so many Australian players love playing it! What makes the ability to play keno online so great is that you are able to play at your own pace. More so, you can test your luck as many times as you would like.
So, if you have never heard of online keno before, or you are unsure as to exactly what this online casino game entails, you have come to the right place. Here is how online keno works:
- Each player will receive a card with numbers one to 80 on it.
- These numbers are displayed on the card within eight columns and ten
- Thereafter the player will select their choice of numbers.
- The amount of numbers that you can select will be specified on your card.
- Each number that you select is known as a Keno spot.
- From here, players can place bets of any size. To which the payout size will vary depending on the amount of numbers that match.
- The aim of the game is to try and select as many numbers as possible that will match the randomly generated numbers.
Just like the normal lottery, keno online also include bonus numbers. These bonus numbers are also called ‘bullseye’ or ‘booster’. Commonly, they cost more to bet on. This is because they offer bigger real money payouts should it come up.
How Should Australian Keno Players Choose An Online Casino?
Of course, you should continue below because you should choose a casino that has many variants of keno online if they have them. But you should for an Australian online casino that offers great payment options (credit cards, Bitcoin, etc) to make a deposit. It should also be easy to deposit casino funds into your account.
You should also look for casinos that have deposit bonuses for their players. That way, you can deposit real money, and end up with even more thanks to match deposit bonuses. You might need a code for a bonus claim, but those are easy enough to do.
Keno Online Variants in Australia
Due to the game being quite an old one, there have been many variants of keno online that have emerged. However, the premise of keeping the game simple and user-friendly have remained constant. Often, in online casino game variants, the sound and graphics assist in alerting a player to see if they have achieved a real money match or not. Some of the variants available for you to play keno online include:
- Bingo Keno Extreme
- Instant Keno
- Jackpot Keno
- Neptunes Keno
- Regular Keno
- Space Keno
Keno online is available on both mobile devices and your desktop/laptop to ensure that you can experience gambling pleasure, no matter your destination. Find your favorite Australian mobile casino and make it one of your favoured online casino games!
Online Keno Glossary
When playing keno online, it would be a good idea to familiarise yourself with the following terms:
- Aggregate Limit: This is the maximum casino payment that a casino can make in one round.
- Caller: This is the employee at the casino who calls out the numbers. You might also see this person if you play keno games in a live dealer online casino.
- Closed: This is the point in keno games just before the balls are drawn. After this point, no bets can be made.
- Flashboard: The flashboard is used to display which keno numbers have been called.
- Goose: Goose is a slang term used for the machine that mixes up and draws the Keno balls. In keno online, this is done by a Random Number Generator (RNG).
- Hits: These are the numbers that are selected randomly for the jackpot.
- Quick pick: The numbers that are selected by the computer on your behalf.
- Spots: As mentioned before, these are the numbers that appear on your card.
- Way ticket: This is a card that contains more than two bets.
- Writer: This is the employee that interacts with players. Their role is to collect completed cards, paying out clients and collecting money for wagers. At online casinos, there is no writer.