How to Play Super Baccarat
Super Baccarat is a variant of baccarat that you can play at online casinos in Australia. It is a fun version of the game that gives you many more chances to win than the standard version of baccarat.
Learn more about how to play this game and some basic strategies to win when playing the game online.
Playing Super Baccarat
Super Baccarat is one of many variants of baccarat you will find at Australian online casinos and abroad. The game plays very similar to standard baccarat but offers several additional bets. For those who are new to baccarat, it is a simple game to play. Your only action to bet as all gameplay is handled by the dealer.
The object of the game is to get as close to 8 or 9 as possible. Either hand is considered a natural win. Point totals are based on face card value. Aces are 1 while 2 through 9 are at face value. Kings, queens, and jacks are zero points. If your hand total is ten or more, then the first digit is dropped.
For example, you are dealt an 8 and 4, which normally equals 12. In baccarat, the 1 is dropped and your point total is two. If your hand total is 0 to 5, you will get an additional card. Otherwise, you will stand.
Bankers get a third card based on how the player’s hand turns out. If a player doesn’t get a third card, bankers stand on 6 or 7 and draw on 5 and below. Otherwise, the banker draws a third card based on the following scenarios:
- Player’s third card is 9 through Ace – Banker stays on 4 through 7 and draws on everything under.
- Third card is an 8 – Banker draws on 0 to 2 only.
- Player’s third card is 6 or 7 – Banker stays on 7 and draws on everything else.
- Third card is 4 or 5 – Banker draws on everything under 6.
- Player’s third card is 2 or 3 – Banker draws on 4 or under.
Fortunately, you don’t have to know all of these rules as the dealer handles all of the cards. You just have to concentrate on betting. Your standard bets are on the player, the dealer, or a tie. Ties are rare, so this is a bet you should avoid.
Eight Additional Bets Available
Super Baccarat offers a myriad of additional bets that you can make on each hand. The first two are pair bets. You can bet on either the player or the banker to make a pair. If you win this bet, you will bet 11 to 1 on your money. This bet has the highest house edge and smart players should avoid this bet.
The other six bets have much more reasonable odds and involve various hand conditions. They are as follows:
- Banker Even – Bet on whether the banker will have an even result. Pays 1: 0.86.
- Banker Odd – Bet on the banker to have an odd result – Pays 1: 0.86.
- Player Even – Bet on the player to have an even result – Pays 1: 0.86.
- Player Odd – Bet on player to have an odd result – Pays 1: 0.86.
- Big – You’re betting that 5 or 6 cards will be dealt in the hand. Pays 1: 0.48.
- Small – You’re betting that only four cards will be dealt. Pays 1: 1.34.
One difference between this and your standard games of baccarat is that you can make a bet on any of the bets on the table. You don’t have to make a standard bet on the dealer or the banker. This is similar to craps and other casino games at Australian online casinos where you can make any bet on the table.
Play Super Baccarat Online
Super Baccarat is available at Mucho Vegas Casino and other online casinos in Australia. It is a fan variant of baccarat that gives you more ways to win. Your best strategy for this game is to bet on the banker for standard bets. Also, the lower the payouts on this game, the better the odds for those bets.
Remember, the tie bet and the pair bets have the highest house edge and should generally be avoided by smart players.
Game of the Week – Wild Hog Luau
If you like tiki parties, luaus, or just fun parties in general, you may like Real Time Gaming’s newest pokie. Wild Hog Luau is one of the f...